Are you planning a trip to Walt Disney World and trying to figure out what to bring? As a travel advisor, and a mom, and a frequent Disney goer, I am quite the expert when it comes to what to pack for a trip to Disney World. I have some tips I’d love to share with you that will come in handy while traveling with your family.
These are my top 5 things to bring to the park that you may not have thought about:
1. Ponchos- With Florida’s unpredictable weather, you should absolutely bring rain ponchos. Yes, you can buy ponchos at Disney World, but they are costly ($12 a poncho) and reusable, so you’ll have to fold up a wet poncho and carry it around. You’re much better off buying a bunch of cheap ponchos from the Dollar Store or Amazon, that you can discard. Get a bunch! They’re great for putting on a wet bench or over your stroller.
2. Portable Phone Charger- You’re gonna be using the Disney Parks app and other Disney apps throughout the day and you’re not going to want to worry about finding access to an outlet. Bring a portable charger so you don’t have to stress over that.
3. An extra pair of shoes- You might get your shoes wet from the rain or soaked on a water ride. Your shoes are bound to get soaked in some way, and you’re not going to want to put on wet shoes the next day you go to Disney, so it’s best to have an extra pair of shoes to use.
4. Ziploc bags- You can put your kids wet shoes in a ziploc bag and not worry about getting everything else in your bag wet. You can put extra buffet food in some ziploc bags to have a pick-me-up snack for later. They’re good for holding dirty diapers, or anything you don’t want touching other things, until you are able to discard it. Ziploc bags can also be used for protecting your camera or phone from getting wet on rides or in the rain. It’s also great to compartmentalize your outfits for you and for your kids in separate ziploc bags.
5. Cheap Sunglasses- It is so important to bring sunglasses that you don’t mind losing, or breaking, or getting ruined, because that is bound to happen with all the excitement that’s going on.
Christina Vieira, a Traveler, a Planner, and a Mom. She is also the owner of Showcase the World Travel, a modern travel agency that helps busy Moms take the vacation they deserve without adding “planning it all” to their to-do lists. After all, Mom should get to enjoy their vacation too.
She specializes in Disney, Caribbean, Europe and has helped dozens of families have magical vacations that they will always remember. She loves traveling with her four-year-old daughter, Annabelle. Her favorite destinations include Walt Disney World, Wyoming, and Prague.
If you are ready to have the family vacation you’ve been dreaming of, without spending time researching, planning, and making it happen, schedule a call today. I’m here to help busy working Moms plan, organize and book the perfect family vacation. With me, all you have to worry about is enjoying your well-earned time away with your family. If you are ready to stop trying to do everything on your own and see how I can help you schedule a complimentary trip planning session now.
Showcase the World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Showcase the World also participates in other affiliate programs and may earn a commission for purchases made through links on this site.